Apples falling from trees

It's official: I'm turning into my mother (hi Mom!). I've taken the lead on organizing a trip to Rishikesh this weekend, and I'm getting a weird amount of satisfaction out of making plans and scheduling and emailing people itineraries and making to do lists. So since I'm so proud of all this Trip Advisor consulting and cross-referencing work I've been doing, I figured I'd tell you about our plans!

We're leaving after our oral Hindi exams on Friday and taking a 2:35 train to Haridwar, which is about 24 km outside of Rishikesh. We should arrive around 8:30, and we'll take a taxi or bus to get to our hotel, the Divine Ganga Cottage. It will only cost Rs 500-600 per night per person, which is the equivalent of about $11! It overlooks the Ganges and is in a quiet area walking distance from all of the Rishikesh ashrams (apparently). Here are pictures (and of course I'll post some of my own when I get back):



We have Hindi midterms tomorrow and Friday that I must go study for, so wish me luck! And soon I will find out the new AZD '14s and I'm getting so excited all the way over here (probably because I don't actually have to deal with rush itself)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment